Sunday, July 17, 2011

Paper Bag Reversible Skirt

I'm always on the look out for easy (so far) sewing tutorials, and I love when I go to a site (most times a  sewing blog), fall in absolute love with a garment, which leads me to another blog where I find too many turtorials than I know what to do with. In this case, I stumbled upon the blog Grosgrain which, in turn, led me to Chie Duncan's blog for her clothing line Vivat Veritas  (I suppose I first went to her etsy shop of the same name, found here ) and then somehow I found this materinity website . I'll never know why I clicked the link, as I'm not expecting nor am I expecting to expect anything of that sort in the near future, but I'm glad I did because I found a skirt tutorial from Chie Duncan detailing the how-to for one of her skirts that she has (had?) in her shop. Unfortunately, I have not begun to sew it yet, because I'm scared I'll ruin the fabric. The fabrics I found I love, probably because both 9.99 a yard fabrics where on sale, one from 9.99 to 5.99 and the other to 3.99 (hot diggity dang, I say!).

I love this material so much, I'll probably just leave the skirt butterfly side out.
I didn't like this one as much, but there was very little by way of options at the fabric store.   


And, as promised, a picture of the headband I made.




Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment