Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Birthday Gift, A Thimble, A Cake Plate.

I have a theory or two... I don't blog often because my life is boring. I don't blog often because I have become so busy that I don't have time to craft. I don't blog often because I am Miss Lazy Bones. It's a problem. One that I aim to fix, and soon. Last weekend I had the loveliest birthday celebration. That weekend even trumps my Lawrence, Kansas birthday weekend four years ago when I turned 16 and I thought that would never happen.  My birthday isn't until the 19th of April, but the present that my sister bought for me (plus my mother and herself) was a ticket to see the Avett Brothers in concert. They're only my favorite band in the whole world. We were a good distance away from the stage, so the pictures aren't good, but I'll take what I can get. We also saw their tour bus when we left, which made an already fabulous night truly magnificent. We each bought a bandana with their name on it as a souvenir!

Earlier that day, we went antiquing; there are quite a few flea markets in Springfield, Mo. We went to a huge one that was absolutely crawling with people, but I still managed to snag up some cool stuff: a thimble, a set of old Betty Crocker cook books, and a vintage cake plate. A cake plate. I have needed a cake plate for so long. Too long. Putting a finished cake on a dinner plate ruins the whole experience for me. I gotta have a cake plate. And now I do. It's time to bake, I think.

After the flea market (I believe it's called Urban Market, but don't take my word for it.), we went to a wonderful little shop called Red Velvet. This is a place that I love so much I want to live there. But let us move on.

My all-time favorite vintage clothing store is Red Velvet. The two sisters who own and operate the shop, Elsie and Emma, each have a blog, so definitely check them out! My sister and I, we consider them celebrities, and we actually saw them that day but I couldn't bring myself to say that I read their blogs and that I absolutelylovewhattheydoandtheyareamazingandcouldwepleasebefriends? because I didn't want to come across as a stalker and a weirdo. I found a cute little carpet bag purse there, along with a cute hair bow that I'm going to put on a purse.  Pictures of my spoils in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment